Have you heard about the spectacle insurance? Yes, if you wear eyeglasses,
Many people are unaware that there is something called spectacle insurance that can protect them from paying spectacle damages from their own pockets. Let’s go ahead and know some quick information about the spectacle insurance and beyond.
What is spectacle insurance?
Spectacleinsurance is a type of financial coverage that safeguards you from any financial risk arising out of accidental damage or loss of the lenses and frames. The prices of spectacle could be expensive with its prices going into thousands these days.
Thus, if you have the tendency to lose them over or drop them often, you need not pay out of your pockets. The spectacle insurance policy is here to protect you from all possible financial damages.
What are the features and benefits of the spectacle insurance?
When you decide to avail spectacle insurance, you get many features and benefits such as:
- Provides you shield from accidental damage to frame and lenses
Do you have the habit of falling off your frame now and then, and then paying out of your pockets? You need not
- You will get insurance benefits even when someone steals it
Have someone stolen your spectacle frame? You may have to shell out a higher amount when you go out to get a replacement. No worries as the spectacle insurance will give you its benefits even when someone steals it.
- The claim process is easy and hassle-free
The claim process for the damage incurred under the spectacle insurance policy is easy and hassle-free. You need not worry as you can just call the customer care of your eyewear protection plan and they will do the needful.
What are the documents needed for the claim?
- The duly signed claim form
- Report on the incident that happened
- Original invoices/bills
- In case of a fire, you need to submit a copy of the report obtained from the Fire Brigade
- In case of theft, you will need to furnish a copy of the FIR from the Police Department
What is covered under the eye wear protection plan?
You can either get the coverage for the assured sum; the value of invoice whichever is lower:
- Accidental damage or loss
- Burglary and theft including the robbery
- Riot, fire and strikes
What’s not covered under the policy?
- Normal wear and tear
- When you are careless on the part of the cover
The Bottom Line
An eyewear protection policy has rightly emerged as a helpful tool to cover the damages to your frames, lenses and more. You can get in touch with one of the service providers online and get your eyewear protection policy active!