You will develop a lot of health issues, minor and major as well, if the mattress you sleep on does not provide the required back support and sleep comfort. This means you will need to be careful while making a choice between the different types of mattresses considering factors over and beyond the price and the brand such as:
- Your physical and medical conditions
- Your bed
- The height of the bed
- The thickness of the mattress and much more.
However, if medical conditions are severe then only changing the mattress may not suffice your needs. For example:
- If you suspect that sleep apnea is interfering with your sleep, then a physician may further recommend for testing.
- If you suffer from other issues such as anxiety, stress and depression and feel that these are the results of your low quality sleep then the doctor may also consider referring you to a psychiatrist or any other mental health professional for a complete and comprehensive cure.
- If you suffer from persistent back pain then it may be the result of other back conditions underlying and it may not have any relation to the mattress. The health care provider may suggest a thorough exam and diagnosis to design the best treatment program.
Therefore, before jumping on any conclusion you should consult with a physician as well if you especially suffer from any medical condition.
In most of the times, it is seen that switching mattresses or beds may not typically alleviate lower back painfully. However, sleeping on a different type of mattress is considered to be the best way to sleep more comfortably instead of opting for an overall cure for the persistent neck or back pain.
Look beyond styles and materials
However, if you have to replace your old mattress then you will need to consider the styles and materials while choosing the right one. You will get a wide range of styles and materials in a mattress store and each of it will have its own unique features, benefits and drawbacks. It is therefore suggested that you always end your search after reading the reviews from several different websites such as realmattressreviews.com and others.
Apart from that, when you choose a new mattress, it is very important that you consider the following factors as well:
- Level of support: This is the most important aspect to consider as the right measure of support will ensure relief from neck and back pain and will also reduce the chances of developing such a pain if you do not have already. If you sleep on a firmer mattress it will pprovideyour spine with additional support. This is usually preferred.
- Medium-firm mattress: Several studies have shown that there are lots of benefits noted when you sleep on a medium-firm mattress. These types of mattresses will help your spine to retain its natural curves when you sleep and will keep it in the same body position firmly just like a standing posture.
Both this will provide relief specific types of lower back pain and help you to retain your health condition.