Are you tired of bringing out this old USB cable to transfer pictures from your phone to your PC? Do you want to feel free and send any file from your mobile to your PC whenever you want? So Bluetooth technology is your gateway to happiness I will not make you an affront to explain what Bluetooth is, you already know it. Bluetooth wireless network technology lets you wirelessly transfer data from one device to another. I just told you that I was not going to explain it to you but I just did it. Anyway let’s see how to transfer files from a phone to a PC using Bluetooth with ease! I want to add here about the Best Bluetooth Transmitter, if you have not read about this little gadget, I advise you to read on Bestvela about that they have written a very great guide on that.
In this article, I will use an Android phone and a Windows 10 PC as an example. Even if you have a different mobile (iPhone or Windows Mobile) or a different operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8, and Window 10), do not worry, the method is much the same!
Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth on the PC (Windows)
The first step, activate the Bluetooth connection on the PC:
- On Windows 7: After installing the Bluetooth drivers for your PC, Bluetooth is always active, you do not need to activate it manually.
- On Windows 8 and 8.1: open the Settings icon by pressing the keys > Change PC Settings > Wireless > Bluetooth and click the Bluetooth button. Windows + i
- On Windows 10: Click this link to learn how to enable Bluetooth on Windows 10.
Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth on the mobile (Android)
To enable Bluetooth on your phone, refer to your operating system manual (Android, iOS, or Windows Mobile). It is usually very simple to do. For example in Android, open the notifications area.
- Then press the Bluetooth button.
- And that is all! The Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile
Step 3: Pair the PC and the mobile
- Once the Bluetooth is activated on the PC and on the mobile, we will associate them both. To do this, open the settings of your phone.
- Go to the Bluetooth section.
- Your PC should appear in the Devices section. If this is not the case, click the Refresh button to search for nearby devices.
- Once your PC is detected, click on the name of it to start the pairing.
- An association request window opens with an association code. That makes sure that it is your mobile that requests the connection to your PC.
- Click the Connect button.
Return to Windows. A notification Add a device should appear. Click on it.
The PIN code of the device requesting the connection is displayed. Make sure it’s the same number that is displayed on your phone. If it is, click yes.
There you go! Your PC and your phone are now associated via Bluetooth
You can delete pairing at any time by clicking the Remove Device button (on Windows 10). You can also do it directly from your mobile.
Step 4: send your files (eg: photos) from the mobile to the PC
We will now send our phone files to the PC. For this, we need to put Windows in “receive files” position. You cannot send files from your phone if Windows is not in this “receive files” position!
To activate this position, go to the settings of Windows 10 and click on the link send or receive files via Bluetooth.
You can also do this from the notification area. Click the arrow to display all the icons in the notification area.
- Right-click on the Bluetooth icon and select Receive a file.
- Windows is now waiting for a connection, ready to receive data.
- Return to your mobile. Select the files you want to send and press the Send button.
- Tap the Bluetooth button.
- Then select your PC by clicking on its name.
- On Windows as on the phone, the transfer of your files begins.
And now, your files have been transferred from your mobile to your PC!