“I am working in a very small organization where we were using Windows Live Mail. But, now all of our computers are switching to Outlook 2013. So, I have been in charge of getting everything transferred over. But, I was not able to Export Emails From Windows to Outlook 2013. Even, I have tried many solutions but didn’t get any satisfactory results. Does anyone tell me how to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007?”
In this digital world, Outlook is one of the most appreciated email application among various organizations and users. It allows users to send and receive the emails, manage contacts, entries in the calendars and many other things to do. So, the corporate companies are switching their email client to MS Outlook. But still, there are a huge number of users who use the Windows Live Mail and they want to access their Windows Live Mail emails into Outlook. Thus, in this post, you will find out the best methods to convert Windows Live Mail emails to PST.
Reasons to Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to PST
There are many reasons explained here which forces users to move Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook is more widely used than Windows Live Mail.
- Data managing in Outlook is easier than Windows Live Mail.
- WLM is no longer supported in Windows platforms after Windows 7.
How to Export Emails From Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007?
With the help of SysTools Windows Live Mail Converter, you can easily convert Windows Live Mail emails to PST. There are many advanced features integrated with this tool. It can migrate contacts as well as emails to Outlook in bulk. The application provides options to auto-detect WLM storage location, several naming options, and preview emails, attachments, contacts, calendar, etc. Now, let’s see the process to export emails from Windows Live Mail to PST by using Windows Live Mail Converter software.
How Can You Work With the SysTools Windows Live Mail Converter Tool?
- First of all, install and run Windows Live Mail to PST Converter tool.
2. Then, preview Windows Live Mail data files in software preview pane.
3. Now, migrate and export Windows Live Mail files to PST format.
4 – Finally, Import Windows Live Mail data into Outlook.
Manual Solution to Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to PST
If a user is technically strong and they want to use a cost-free solution. Then, they can follow these steps:
- First, open both Microsoft Outlook & Windows Live Mail email clients respectively.
- Now, in the main screen of Windows Live Mail, click on the File tab and select Export button.
- Next, under the Export section, select the Email Messages option.
- After that, select the Microsoft Exchange and click on the Next button.
- Now, a dialog box Export Message will appear. Click on the OK button.
- Further, select all the desired folders or all the folders to proceed and click on the OK button.
- Now, it will start to move Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook.
- After completion of the export process, an “Export Complete” message will appear.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to end the process.
After completing all the above steps successfully, check the exported Windows Live Mail data in Microsoft Outlook. You can also use the Import and Export wizard in MS Outlook to import the Windows Live Mail data to Microsoft Outlook.
The MS Outlook is becoming more frequently used application in the organizations these days. So, the user wants easy and simple ways to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. There are both manual as well automated solutions to import the Windows Live mail data to PST. But, it totally depends on the user that what method he might use to convert Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook. In case if the user wants to save time and effort than he is advised to use automated software.